Thursday, July 10, 2014

Tulip Hiroshima Needles

As we promised earlier this year, we are stocking some hand quilting tools in our Etsy store.

The hoops were a huge hit and we hope to have them back in stock shortly.

We also just got in the Tulip Hiroshima needles.  They make them for many forms of hand work - but we have quilting/betweens, milliners, appliqué, and embroidery needles in stock.
 Isn't it nice when good tools come so nicely packaged?
 Inside the box is a test tube with your 6 needles…. appliqué - size 10
 Milliners - assorted sizes 8, 9, and 10
 Embroidery - assorted 7, 8, 9, and 10 (2 each)

I've only used the milliners so far - when I hand quilted the Austin Bluebird Sampler with a Big Stitch.  This vial of 8, 9, and 10 milliners are perfect for that.  I'm really looking forward to getting some quilts back from being basted so I can try the quilting needles.

I picked out the sizes I would use for various things.  I thought we'd try these sizes first. If you have a specific request for a needle in a particular size - let me know and I'll get it.

You can see the Tulip Hiroshima video here….






2 comments:

Debra Anger said...

i just ordered quilting, milner and the applique needles always wanting to try something new...thanks for supplying wonderful hand working tools!!

cityquilter grace said...

i love the applique needles, made a big difference in my work...meaning HUGE

Blog Archive