Thursday, January 16, 2014

Blue Nantucket

Some of you might remember that the Nantucket quilt that has been popular the last few months (so popular that we use it for our logo) It was a reincarnation of a quilt that came out with our first fabric collection - Nantucket.  The quilt was an exact copy of a rug that Polly had made - transferred into pieced fabric.  People had been asking about the pattern and we did it again with Midwinter Reds.  We made it a bit bigger this time around.

I decided to re-make it.  I made one the first time around with the Nantucket collection.  Leigh Ann pieced the one made out of Midwinter Reds.  I decided to use some of my stash and make it in blue.  I'm out of most of the Midwinter Red fabric :(   I used some Indigo Crossing, some Prairie Paisley II, and some Grant Park.  I made the stars last weekend…..

Today I finished all the 9-patches and put it all together.   I JUST made it in time to get a picture of it outside before the sunset.  

I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.  I'll be teaching this quilt (in Midwinter Red fabrics) at the Nimble Thimble in Tyler Texas in 2 weeks.  If you're in the area, and would like to join me for the weekend - give them a holler.

Keep watching our Etsy store.  It looks like we will have some more of the Midwinter Red Scarf kits that flew out of here last month.  I expect that fabric next week.  Also, there will be a brand new quilt kit that will appear in the next issue of American Patchwork and Quilting.  Those kits are all cut and waiting for the issue to ship to subscribers.  That should be the last week of this month.  No sneak peaks until then. 

Oh, and we do have another new kit……  

Hurrah! is here.  I'm cutting these kits this weekend and they will ship out on Monday morning.


You can find the quilts kits HERE. 

Have a great weekend!

Laurie

14 comments:

Pam P said...

You mean you don't want to come to Chicago in January??? Lol - Can't blame you. Loving Nantucket in blue!

Irenbjor said...

Such a clean awesome quilt !! I love Nantucket our summer playground...

Vicky said...

I have my Indigo Crossing out because I want to make Nantucket again in blue! Great minds and all ... lol. Thanks for kitting up Hurrah. I haven't had the time to sit down to order the individual fabrics for it! You made it so easy!!

Debra Anger said...

love it in blue Laurie and really like your new kit, you ladies just do awesome work!!

moosecraft said...

Love this Nantucket quilt in the blues! Looking forward to seeing what you have in the APQ mag!

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Making Nantucket in blue has been on my bucket list--I love how it looks in the sunset!!

missmarys said...

Love this style of quilt. Our quilt Guild is using your MidWinter Reds for our raffle quilt. We start the process at our kickoff meeting in January. We are so excited and it will make our quilt so salable for the community. I'll send pictures.

badlandsquilts said...

Oh, love Nantucket in blue just as much as the red.

pandchintz said...

I do like the Nantucket in blues - gorgeous!

the girlfriend gap said...

yum!

Anonymous said...

Love the quilt in the blues - maybe because blue is one of my favourite colours. Would love a quilt like that - it would look great in our house. Karen from Ontario

Chris said...

What size is Blue nantucket? I love it!

Grit said...

Wow, your work is wonderful.

Sarah said...

I'm planning a blue Nantucket quilt too. I've just collected enough Indigo Crossing to squeeze it out. Beautiful collection!

Blog Archive