Sunday, December 29, 2013

Details

It was one of the things bothering me in the kitchen.  Our kitchen linens were old, overused, and had seen a better day.  Most of them were 19 years old (wedding gifts).  It was time to get some new ones.  The last few days after Christmas have found me taking care of that little detail.

The dish towels (pre-stamped from Moda Home) were easily embroidered.

The hot pads were made with this tutorial from The Purl Bee.  I ordered the thermal batting and had everything else on hand.  They made up quite quickly.

Something new for the New Year.

Laurie

P.S.  I've been cutting some kits for an upcoming quilt featured in the next issue of American Patchwork & Quilting.  I also had enough fabric to cut a few more kits of the Nantucket quilt, the Holiday quilt, and the Nightingale quilt.  Also - a couple of bundles of Midwinter Red fabrics.  These are very limited. Once they are gone - they're gone.

8 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Very cute.

Happy New Year

scottylover said...

Adorable! Ours were getting pretty ratty too, so I asked "Santa" for some new ones. He delivered, too! :)

Sandy A

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

The tea towels remind me of 4-H and junior high home ec ~ where I learned to sew and embroider! Thanks for the memory!

Miss Mary said...

I love the tea towels. My mother made my aunt several. My aunt never used them. When it came time for my shower, my mother had passed away, and she presented them to me. What a wonderful gift.

BTW, our quilt guild will be using your midwinter line in our community quilt. Visit here http://wp.me/p1dbnt-1cE

mascanlon said...

Wasn't quick enough...lol. Happy New Year to you and yours!

PamKittyMorning said...

very cute!!! Happy New Year!!

pandchintz said...

These are so cute.......too good to use!! Happy new year!

For Alaska Hunting website, click here said...

So lovely! I love to have one of that.

Blog Archive